Cinco and Ken's Way to Put Off Actually Writing

Friday, March 31, 2006

My blog entries are better than Ken's blog entries


I'll come right out and say it: Ken and I are a bit competitive. Most of that competition has found a healthy outlet in video games. First with Combat, which we played on Ken's old Atari system. It's a simple game, but the battles got very intense. And frustrating. Some days we really felt like killing each other. So naturally, we wanted more.



Next came Ready 2 Rumble, which we played on a Sega Genesis I got on eBay. This game was better because we were able to beat each other to a pulp. It was a virtual pulp, but I believe Ken actually punched me one time, he got so frustrated. Clearly, this was starting to get out of hand. So we took the next logical step.




We got an Xbox and a game called Halo. We were no longer punching each other. We were killing each other with shotguns and rocket launchers. Not only has the weaponry been taken up a notch, but so has the trash talk. Here's a typical exchange:

Cinco: Wow, I really destroyed you. (concerned) Are you okay, Ken? Should we take a break?

Ken: Oh, you want me to try now? Because I was just playing around. Let me show you what happens when I actually try.

We now play Halo 2 on two Xboxes connected to two TVs. It's a long way from Combat.


You'd think this would be enough, but, sadly, we don't limit our competitions to the game console. At this point we have turned into a contest everything that can possibly be turned into a contest. When we give blood, we compete over who fills their blood bag fastest. This is sick, I know. I am not proud.

Except for the one time I got the blood services woman to admit that my blood was purer than Ken's. That was a great moment.

1 Comments:

  • Pure blood? Right, after a lifetime shunning caffeine, alcohol and tobacco. You make me sick.

    By Blogger texasyank, at 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home