Cinco and Ken's Way to Put Off Actually Writing

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Ken's thoughts


Why We Love Cinco.
By Ken Daurio

Cinco just got a cell phone. That's right, it's 2006 and he JUST GOT HIS FIRST CELL PHONE. How is this possible? How does someone live today without a cell phone connected to his or her hip at all times? Now, it's not like Cinco's a technophobe, the man has Tivo, an iPod, HDTV, he edits HD movies and records his own music on his iMac, but somehow is still willing to pull over and find a pay phone. For years I tried to impress upon him the importance of this modern miracle. How it makes our lives easier. More efficient. His response was always the same. "I refuse to become a slave to a phone". He always said it with such conviction. Such passion. I began to wonder... is he right? Am I the fool? Did I buy into the Verizon lie which made me get a sick feeling in my stomach if I left the house without my phone? He's right! Cinco is a genius! As these thoughts buzzed around my head I was interrupted by Cinco. "Hey, can I use your phone?" Now Cinco has his phone. He doesn't know how to check his messages, keep the battery charged, change the ringtone or silence an incoming call in the middle of an important meeting, but...he's trying, and that's why we love him.

2 Comments:

  • Come on, people, it's no fun if nobody comments!

    Like this: "I have a friend who won't let people use cell phones in his apartment. He's the sort of person who thinks everything is a metaphor for Donald Rumsfeld."

    See? easy.

    By Blogger texasyank, at 10:58 AM  

  • LIG: Well, neither am I. Five minutes a day, that's all we ask.

    By Blogger texasyank, at 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home